1. Determine whether the given ordered pair is a solution of the equation.
(-5,1); 2p - 3q = -13
2. For the equation, find the intercepts, Then use the intercepts to graph the equation.
4x - 3y = 12
3. Find the slope of a treadmill.
0.4ft by 5ft
4. Find an equation of the line containing the given point and having the given slope.
(4, -2), m=6
5. Find an equation of the line that contains the given pair of points.
(-6, 1) and (2,3)
(-1, -5); 4r + s = -9, 3r = 2 + s
7. Solve the system of equations by graphing.
x + y = 3, x - y = 1
8. Solve using the substitution method. First solve one equation for one variable.
y - 2x = 0, 3x + 7y = 17
9. Solve using the multiplication principle first. Then add.
7p + 5q = 2, 8p - 9q = 17
10. A vending machine contains nickels and dimes worth $14.50. There are 95 more nickels than dimes. How many of each type of coin are there?
Please see attached file for the solution to the given problems.
This posting contains the solution to the given problems.