Can you please provide information on each the following topics and please provide a reference for each.
1. What are some issues surrounding college campuses and government agencies that allow gun access? Focus on their arguments against carrying guns.
2. Analyze issues that government agencies have with allowing gun access.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:00 am ad1c9bdddf
1. There are several issues that college campuses have with allowing gun access. These arguments are allowing guns on college campuses would lead to tragic consequences. It would put university students, faculty, and staff at risk. Also, allowing gun access would lead to an escalation in violent crime. One issue that those that argue against college campuses allowing gun access is that guns on campus would lead to a higher number of suicides by college students. Allowing gun access on campuses it is argued is dangerous because colleges are too crowded (a). They are too crowded to safely allow carrying of guns. Further, it is argued that guns on campus would distract from the learning environment. Moreover, a dangerous person might jump someone who is carrying a gun, take the gun and use it to do harm. In addition, there is the danger that a person with a gun could lose mental balance and go on a killing spree. It is argued that a gun on campus might go off suddenly, a gun might be stolen from a dorm, and campuses are emotionally charged environments. Overall, college campuses have strong issues about allowing gun access.
Government agencies argue that allowing gun access can harm lives. Government agencies argue that massacres use legal weapons. ...
This solution explains gun access arguments in college campuses and by government agencies. The sources used are also included in the solution.
Pursuasive Argument Against Gun Control
The second amendment, without question, gives citizens the right to keep and bear arms. Gun control is not going to address the real issue of why gun violence happens and gun control laws will not keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
Gun control is not going to address the real issue of why gun violence happens and gun control laws will not keep guns out of the hands of criminals.
Criminals are the source of crime, no matter how they are armed.
Gun control will only hurt those that want to defend themselves.
A survey by the department of Justice of the 5,340,000 violent crimes committed during 2008, only 8% were committed by offenders armed with a gun
The Second Amendment is to protect the people against tyranny in government.
The first clause of the Second Amendment, the preamble, a well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
If the authors of the 2nd Amendment could have foreseen the debate, they might have phrased the amendment differently, because much of the debate has centered on the way the amendment is phrased.
None of these laws have deterred violent crimes in America
- the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
- the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act
- the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act
Statistics show that cities with strict gun laws have a higher rate of violent crimes with guns than other cities.
According to data from the FBI's uniform crime reports, California had the highest number of gun murders in 2011 with 1,220 — which makes up 68 percent of all murders in the state that year and equates to 3.25 murders per 100,000 people. . (Howerton, 2013)
Since the outset of the Chicago handgun ban, the percentage of Chicago murders committed with handguns has averaged about 40% higher than it was before the law took effect.
The FBI data also notes that Washington, D.C. had the highest murder rate per 100,000 people. The nation's capital saw 12 gun murders per 100,000 in 2011. DC also finished first in gun-related robberies per 100,000 people - with 242.56 and yes they have one of the strictest gun laws in the United States. (Howerton, 2013)
The second amendment is to protect the rights of citizens to defend themselves from criminals who will obtain a gun no matter what the laws are. And the evidence clearly shows that strict gun laws do not keep guns out of the hands of criminals.