Discuss some of the criticisms and benefits of community policing. Identify and discuss some community policing initiatives/programs.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:13 am ad1c9bdddf
In accordance with BrainMass standards this is not a hand in ready paper but only background help.
Community policing refers to the system where police builds ties with the members of the community. The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 set up the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services to encourage community policing. Specifically this is a system of allocating policemen to specific areas so that they become familiar with the local community members. These officers are required to identify and solve problems proactively.
Criticism for community policing is that community alienation or isolation, that officers experience increases with community policing. There is a lack of support for police officers in the community. This increases apathy and inactivity among police officers. The alienation leads to more negative feelings among the police officers. Instead of being integrated, police offers are socially isolated from the ...
This solution explains the criticism and benefits of community policing. The sources used are also included in the solution.
GAP Review: United Way of America
- Create a comparative table (services, policies, clientele, etc.).
- Include values, mission, and vision.
- Explain the gap in services that exists in the organization.
- Outline a strategic plan that is beyond the scope of the organization's current strategic plan.
- Identify four to five strategic goals of the organization.
- Explain strategies to carry out the strategic goals you identified.
- Identify and explain performance milestones based on the strategic goals set.
- Explain metrics (measure of success and how you measure success).