Explain the scope of Title VII and its applications to the workplace. Could it be in paragraphs. I also need to properly cite the sources. Here are the two questions.
1) The application of Title VII and amendments in the workplace.
2) How disparate impact discrimination and disparate treatment discrimination occur under Title VII, and their implications.
The impact of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has made a positive contribution towards fair employment practices and to pursue a more diverse workforce. This act applies towards current employees and future employees in any organization within the United States, giving them protection against any discriminatory acts committed by an employer. Title VII prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex and national origin (EEOC, 1997). Title VII provides the necessary anti-discrimination laws needed on the federal level. This impacts employers, labor organizations and employment agencies nationwide, forcing them to practice fair recruitment and employment processes within their respective organizations. By establishing Title VII in federal employment laws, employers cannot practice any unlawful activities that will violate this act. Section 703 of Title VII mentions what employers cannot do during hiring processes or current employment processes, such as (EEOC, 1997):
? To refuse or release any individual from the opportunity of employment due to an individual's race, color, religion, sex or national ...
The impact of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 has made a positive contribution towards fair employment practices and to pursue a more diverse workforce...
Disparate Impact, as defined by FindLaw.com...
...a plaintiff must prove that the employer intentionally discriminated against them.
Title VII - Workplace Discrimination
Need help with project: please discuss the following issues at it relates to Title VII (workplace discrimination).
1. The history and evolution of Title VII and its amendments (PDA, ADA, ADEA)
2. Who is covered and not covered under Title VII and its amendments.
3. Policies that companies should have in place to avoid violations of Title VII and its amendments.
4. How the law defines sexual harassment and employers' responsibilities for addressing employees' complaints in the work place.