- Discuss the U.S. police philosophy during the specific time period. How did this relate to terrorism policy?
- Discuss how this has influenced the policies of today.
The 10 year time period I will focus on is 1991-2001. During this timeframe certain important precursors to the 9/11 attacks occurred that could have initiated better counter-terrorism policies but did not. As a result, the nation was more vulnerable than necessary because of the mistakes made and malfeasance on behalf of governmental officials as well as the Democratic President. The era between 1991-2001 witnessed several major terrorist attacks culminating in the largest civilian attack in American history 9/11. Prior to 9/11 the World Trade Center experienced a terroristic attack in its garage that was committed by terrorists affiliated with similar ideologies as Al-Qaeda. ...
The expert examines pre 9/11 terrorism. The United States police philosophy during the specific time periods are discussed. How this relates to terrorism policy is determined.
Terrorist Attack on the U.S.
The terrorist attack on the U.S. on September 11, 2001 emphasizes the importance of not relying on history alone. Other factors, such as political, environmental, and economic changes should also be examined. Please answer the following questions paper:
1. Within the framework of a hazard and vulnerability analysis, what were the pre 9/11 indicators that a possible disaster (terrorist attack) might occur?
2. What factors, if changed, may have pre-empted the disaster?
3. Is there any indication that New York or Washington D.C. utilized a hazard and/or vulnerability analysis in their planning for this type of disaster?View Full Posting Details