YOU ARE THERE: The date is December 7, 1941 at precisely 0755 hours Hawaii time. Select one of the following scenarios and discuss what leadership you think should be demonstrated.
1. You are standing on the deck of the USS West Virginia at the exact moment that the Japanese torpedo bombers strike at Pearl Harbor. You are the Officer of the Watch. What actions do you take?
2. You are standing in front of the Headquarters Building at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii and you are surprised to see Japanese fighters coming down out of the sun and attacking the men under your command (you are a company first sergeant). What actions do you take?
3. You are a very green 2nd Lt. pilot assigned to Hickam AB in Hawaii at the moment the Japanese begin to destroy most of the aircraft on the ramp. What actions do you take?
4. You are a Marine Gunny stationed on the USS California at the moment of the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor. What actions do you take?
5. You are the Coast Guard Commander of a cutter guarding the entrance to Pearl Harbor at the start of the attack. You immediately notice 3 small periscopes passing by the port side of your cutter. What actions do you take?
As you write your answers, try to use your imagination and place yourself at this point of time in history. If you want to answer in the first person narrative, that's ok, let your creativity guide you!
Attack on Pearl Harbor -- On December 7, 1941, Japan launches a surprise attack on American soil at Pearl Harbor...... http://www.history.com/shows/wwii-in-hd/videos/attack-pearl-harbor#attack-pearl-harbor
Talks about the leadership in pearl harbor.