On December 7, 1941 Japan launched a surprise attack on the United States at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. This thrust America into World War II, and for the next four years it dominated nearly every aspect of American life. Select one of the following main issues "gender, race, ethnicity, technology, politics"and discuss the ways that World War II shaped that issue. Analyze the positive and/or negative consequences of the selected issue in relationship to WWII. Identify the long-term effects of the selected issue, including the impact on present-day society.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:51 am ad1c9bdddf
Thank you for using Brainmass. This solution has been written to provide information, assistance and advise to students for the purpose of tackling the problem (see original problem-question set in the description section) to help in putting together a paper/research/review on the subject of discussion. I hope that this solution will provide you the help you are searching for. Comments are greatly appreciated so that the solution can be continually updated to make it as relevant and useful as possible. Best of luck with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
American Power & WW2
When WW2 was brewing in Europe, the US at first was at bay. It kept an almost neutral position on the war despite the pleadings of the UK, providing help only via the 'lend-lease Act' sending material and equipment to support the cause of democracy. But this all changed on the bombing of Pearl Harbor by the Japanese. This plunged the US straight away to war; the act killed 2,388 Americans and severely crippled ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise on the long-term effects of Pearl Harbor, especially its impact in the present-day. Resources are listed for further exploration.
Study guide regarding California history
1) What impact did federal spending during World War II have on total personal income in California?
2) Who was the chief private entrepreneur of California's wartime shipbuilding industry?
3) Most of the naval personnel killed in the Port Chicago disaster of 1944 were members of which ethnic group?
4) What contribution did women make to the wartime aircraft industry?
5) Where were the nation's aircraft producers concentrated during World War II?
6) What did the Roberts Report of the Pearl Harbor investigating commission reveal?
7) Who was the head of the Army's Western Defense Command?
8) On what does the official history of "The United States in World War II" blame relocation?
9) How did the Supreme Court rule in the Hirabayashi, Korematsu, and Endo cases?View Full Posting Details