What impact does Amendments I - V have on society?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 17, 2018, 2:17 am ad1c9bdddf
This is an interesting question! Let's look at the impact of each of these amendments on society. The approach this response takes is to list the amanedment from a source, and then I will comment on its impact on society for each of the 5 amendments.
1. What impact does Amendments I - V have on society?
The Bill of Right Amendments I - V are directed to different segments of society and/or to specific strategies or tactics (e.g., right to bear arms, the right to search and seizure, etc.), which impact society at each of these levels. The amendments are: example:
(1) Amendment I [Religion, Speech, Press, Assembly, Petition (1791)]
(2) Amendment II [Right to Bear Arms (1791)]
(3) Amendment III [Quartering of Troops (1791)]
(4) Amendment IV [Search and Seizure (1791)]
(5) Amendment V [Grand Jury, Double Jeopardy, Self-Incrimination, Due Process (1791)] ( http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html#amendmenti)
Now, let's look at each amendment and the implications for society.
Bill of Rights
(1) "Amendment I - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to ...
By discussion and example, the impact that Amendments I - V have on society are explored.