A researcher wants to find out the reliability and validity of a certain measure and the hypotheses are:
1) the healthy control participants will score better on the EFPT than those with stroke,
2) participants with mild stroke would perform significantly better than those with moderate stroke,
3) EFPT scores would show moderate significant correlation with neuropsychosocial assessment of EF (executive function)
A. Can you identify the dependent and independent variables?
B. How can the dependent variables be operationalized?
Let's take a closer look.
1. Can you identify the dependent (DV) and independent variables (IV)? How can the dependent variables be operationalized?
1) The healthy control participants will score better on the EFPT than those with ...
Based on the information given, this solution identifies the dependent and independent variables, and considers how to operationalize the dependent variables.