Is Milton's Satan a hero? please explain in detail to support claim or disclaim.
Questions below are just short answer to the point:
1. The poet and playwright Christopher Marlowe died very young. What did he die from?
2. Christopher Marlowe's poem "Hero and leander" is an unfinished poem about two star-crossed lovers. About how old are hero and leander and how do they look?
3. What is hero's relationship to the Goddess venus? Why is this relationship somewhat ironic?
4. What is Marlowe's opinion on love as expressed in "hero and leander"? (in other words, what does the poem reveal love is like? What is its effect on people involved in it? How does it make them appear to others?) (for example, how does Leander appear to his dad and everyone else?)
5. What young boy does triton (aka Neptune, the sea-god) mistake Leander for? What is Leander response - which shows his naivete about the ways of love?
6. In the tragical history of doctor Faustus, what are the things magic is useful for, according to John Faustus?
7. How is Metaphastophilis' character complicated?
8. Why does faustus' blood coagulate when he starts to write out the contract?
9. Who is the author of the duchess of malfi?
10. What does Antonio think of the French court and why?
11. How does the character of the duchess compare with that of her two brothers, duke Ferdinand and the cardinal? (in other words, how does she behave? How do Ferdinand and the cardinal behave by comparison?)
12. How would you describe the cardinal's view of women? Why is this view ironic? (how does his opinion of women compare to his own behavior?)
13. Why was "the masque of blackness" seen as controversial by some of its viewers? (give at least one reason.)
14. Compare court masques to public plays. In what ways do these two forms of spectacle differ? (name at least one way.)
15. In John Donne's "the flea, " the speaker says to his mistress,
" cruel and sudden, hast thou since
Purpled thy nail in blood of innocence?"
What is he literally asking her here?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 5:12 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution responds to various literary works by responding to the questions. It also addreses the question: Is Milton's Satan a hero? in detail. References are provided.
War on drugs
I have to do a power point slide on the war on drugs. The thing is that the questions I have to answer are hard to find the answers too. I have looked on the internet and I am feeling that maybe I have looked over something. So I need some good pointers on this question if any body has any and or some good web sites to look at for the information I need.
War on Drugs
1. Are the current laws and policies effective? Why or Why not?
2. Are there any drawbacks to your solution?View Full Posting Details