Please answer the following questions:
Certain manufacturing processes have the following characteristics described below.
Please characterize the process in terms of : Type of process, state of workpiece material and the type of process energy used.
1. A metal is cast into a mold and solidifies
2. A metal bar is reduced from 2.5 in diameter to 1.5 in diameter
3. Two steel bars are welded together
4. A nickel alloy is joined to a steel alloy at a temperature below their respective melting points
5. A nickel coating is electrochemically deposited on to a steel substrate
6. A polymer + curing agent is forced into a spherical die and cured
7. An aluminum alloy casting is solution treated, quenched and aged
8. A hot gas torch is used to remove a square section from a larger sheet of steel
9. A nickel coin is produced via a stamping operation
10. A steel surface is exposed to a high temperature mixture of methane and hydrogen gas
11. A plasma sprayed coating is deposited on to a nickel alloy blade
12. A threaded bolt is produced in a lathe
Prepare a cost of production report for each department
1) The following data is available for the Fabricating and finishing departments of Williams manufacturing company for the month ending January 2001.
(see attached file)
Prepare a cost of production report for each department under the weighted average and FIFO methods
2) Amy Wells production company manufactures industrial chemicals. Three departments are involved in the process-blending, heating and bottling. -----Data for January and February operatings in the heating department are as follows: (see attached file)
Prepare a cost of production report for each department under the weighted average and FIFO methodsView Full Posting Details