A thin disk is maintained at 75 degrees celsius and placed on the surface of a large medium maintained at 10 deg C. The thermal conductivity of the medium is 1.4 W/m-deg C, and there is a heat loss of 36 W. The shape factor, S is closest to:
a) 20 cm
b) 40 cm
c) 60 cm
d) 80 cm.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:07 pm ad1c9bdddf
The temperature difference is 75 C (disk temperature) - 10 C Large medium temperature = 65 ...
This solution calculates the shape factor of a thin disk maintained at a temperature of 75 degrees celsius.
Food Microbiology - Nonthermal Technologies
1. Please mention 5 nonthermal technologies to process foods and thoroughly describe all of them.
2. Please explain the Preservation of Foods by Oscillating Magnetic Fields. Please provide a critical evaluation of this technology. Explain the possible mechanism of microbial inactivation by this approach.
3. Please sketch the design of a plant to process juices using Pulsed Electric Fields. The plant should have a capacity to process 5000 liters per our. Please try to be as realistic as possible and document as much as possible your design.
4. Please explain two possible approaches to design a high pressure vessel. Please provide as much details as possible.
5. Please define bacteriocins and mention at least three with potential food applications. Please describe in details how the microbial inactivation takes place.
Note: please write all references.View Full Posting Details