The solution covers in a detailed and explanatory manner the following topics:
- Op-amp ''golden rules'' as an introduction to op-amp circuits
- Differential amplifier structure with detailed graphical representation
- Derivation of the differential amplifier gain expression followed by the example of how to calculate the gain of the differential amplifier
- Derivation of the differential amplifier input impedance expressions followed by the example of how to calculate the input impedance.
- Explanation of input impedance mismatch effects on the differential amplifier functionality
- How to optimize differential amplifier design
- Instrumentation amplifier structure with detailed graphical representation
- Derivation of the instrumentation amplifier gain expression followed by the example of how to calculate the gain of the instrumentation amplifier (stage by stage approach)
- Rules of thumb in op-amp circuit design.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 7:43 am ad1c9bdddf
This solution comprises detailed step-by-step explanations and examples covering the topics of differential and instrumentation amplifiers. These essential electronics design topics are presented from an intuitive perspective of an engineer and aided with detailed calculations for complete clarity. The solution in the PDF document contains 1500 words and 5 detailed schematic diagrams.