1. A microwave system requires a +4-dBm audio level to provide 100% modulation. Determine the voltage level required if this is a 600 ohm audio system.
2. Determine the noise produced by a 500 ohm resistor at 26 degrees Celcius over a 2 MHz bandwidth.
3. Consider an amplifier with an output of 2 mV rms and noise 0.76 mV rms. What is the signal to noise ratio? Express it as an absolute ratio and in dB.
4. Suppose that a series RLC circuit has R = 25 Ohm, L = 2 mH, and C = 0.8 microF. Compute the resonant frequency in kHz.
5. A filter has a bandwidth of 20 kHz and a peak output at 300 kHz. What is Q?
6. Calculate the percent modulation if the maximum p-p carrier in V is 200 and the minimum p-p is 40 V.
7. A 750 W carrier is modulated at an 85% level. Find the total transmitted power.
8. Consider a spectrum analyzer and suppose that V1 = 5 V, V2 = 0.1 V, V3 = 0.4 V, and V4 = 0.2 V. What is the total harmonic distortion?
9. For a certain AM signal, the fundamental is 3 V. If a harmonic at 4 kHz is 0.07 V, what is the relative harmonic distortion?
10. A 1 MHz 40-V peak carrier is modulated by a 5-kHz intelligence signal so that m = 0.7. This AM signal is fed to a 50 Ohm antenna. Calculate the power of each spectral component fed to the antenna.
This posting contains the solution to the given problems.
Fundamentals of Management
Your group represents the members of the Training and Development team at Washington-Jones. Part of the management track is about developing effective interpersonal communication. Instead of developing a traditional classroom presentation, your group will develop a day-long retreat to address this subject.
Develop a theme and an introduction that explains the retreat theme and approach. Keep in mind that the tone of the retreat should be fun and creative.
Develop the following activities:
Develop an activity that actively demonstrates barriers to effective communication.
Develop a simulation activity that teaches participants effective communication behaviors.
Develop an activity that teaches participants how to manage workforce diversity.
Develop an activity that teaches about organizational communication networks.
Develop a game or activity that examines how technology affects managerial communication.
I am looking for assistance in this area but some of my ideas would be the following:
It would be somewhat of a teamwork theme consisting of teambuilding activities such as the following:
Having a scavanger hunt which will allow individuals to utilize their communications skills, depend on others and overcome diversity.
A game show with questions pertaining to organizational concepts, technology and how it can enhance the business, globalization and how it affects the company in which they work; them as an individual and the world in general, managerial concepts, customer service essentials, etc.
Have a brainstorming session where all individuals (with the assistance of either company personnel or retreat representative) foster ideas and attempt to provide solutions to questions that are posed by individuals throughout the group.
***These are just some of the ideas that I have thus I was looking for others or even suggestions on another theme***View Full Posting Details