3. Grants require matching funds (each grant dollar must be matched by money from the community receiving the grant). How will the community generate these matching funds?
4. How will you ensure this is a community-wide effort?
5. Who will benefit and why?
6. What will be the focus and content of the curriculum?
7. Who will staff the center and how?
1. Specify IN DETAIL the focus of the curriculum and what it will contain. A curriculum should contain 1) a set of learning outcomes, 2) activities, and 3) indicates how learning will be assessed.
Although you will want to tailor your CTC to suit your specific interests, please use these learning outcomes as a guide:
This center functions as a resource to assist economically disadvantaged and rural residents with literacy skills, particularly computer literacy capabilities, to succeed professionally.
The center offers materials and access for and about workforce development or employment information. Users are able to select workshops and take classes about basic to advanced computer skills. They may also learn about resume writing and online job searches.
The center promotes lifelong literacy and second language materials. In order to assist pre-schoolers, students, families, and seniors, the center offers a play for social or academic pursuits, using the Internet as a tool.
The center also assists those who speak (or want to learn) second languages. The center offers access and courses about age-appropriate software, online reading materials, and other ESL topics.
Some learning outcomes might state that Community members will be able to...
*Apply various types of software and technology into their job searches
*Write a resume as a result of career training
*Explain basic phrases in their native languages in English as a result of some ESL training
*Demonstrate Internet proficiency through online searches and navigation
As you create CTC activities, some ideas might include:
General Lab Usage: The center affords after-school access and workshops to assist students with social and homework assistance. It also helps adult learners work on technology, English, and job searching/career skills.
Adult education: The center offers an array of GED training, ESL courses, basic ...