2. What might be some of the positive aspects of the relationship between Special Education and General Education (staff communication, instructional program, etc.)? What are some areas that could be improved? What are your thoughts on how to improve these areas?
4. What role do you see Response to Intervention (RtI) playing in the academic and behavioral success of students?
5. What are the most frequent challenges as a special educations teacher? With parents? Legal Issues?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 7:00 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Knowing the laws, IDEA, 504, etc. are critical. Knowing if the department meets, or can meet, needs of any student entering the district at any time. If a student with a wheelchair comes in, will the campus be completely accessible? Is the staff properly trained to handle special needs individuals? If not, what training does the district need to provide?
2. Special Ed and Gen. Ed. work hand-in-hand to make the learning experience for the student a success. The Gen. Ed. teacher will know the curriculum that is mandated for a particular subject. The Special Ed. teacher will know how to accomodate that curriculum to assist the student to the best of his/her ability. The teachers communicating concerns about a student can often deter problems from arising. If a Gen.Ed teacher feels a student is not responding ...
Special Education brings an entire set of special concerns and guidelines to a school district. Every teacher, administrator and facility must be prepared to accomodate each and every special need that enters a district.
Response to Intervention Presentation
I need assistance, as I do not really understand the whole Response to the Intervention process.
1. A definition and description of RTI
2. A description of the four essential components of RTI (based on the National Center on Response to Intervention)
3. An overview of the four implementation phases of RTI
4. A discussion of the benefits of RTI to students and teachers
5. A discussion of any state initiatives towards RTI
Be sure to add notes for each component and resource where you found the information.
Here is one source that may be helpful to you with RTI: http://www.rti4success.org/