6 ounces low-fat milk: 1 milk serving
Peanut butter (1½ tablespoons) on ½ slice of whole-grain bread: ½ protein serving and 1 grain serving
3 ounces blueberry-flavored yogurt: ½ protein serving
½ cup strawberry slices: 1 vegetable/fruit/juice serving
½ cup steamed green beans: 1 vegetable/fruit/juice serving
Several of the children in your center have special dietary needs. Explain how you would alter the menu to accommodate Tyler who has Type 1 diabetes and Annie who is allergic to milk. Be sure to offer specific alternatives to the necessary menu items and explain why these are better choices. Also, address safety precautions for Tyler and Annie that teachers will need to take when preparing these foods for the rest of the class. (200 words in length).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:46 am ad1c9bdddf
The safety precautions the teachers have to take is to always wash their hands after touching the food of the other children, and before touching that of Tyler and Annie. They may also need to separate the special diet kids, particularly Annie from the rest of the group, in case someone's food spills over. For Tyler, they have to ...
This posting requires knowledge about dietary habits of young children, and how they can be maximimized for good nutrition. Additionally, several children in the center have special dietary needs so the post took this into account as well. Safety precautions for several children were also important to bear in mind.
Animal Narrative: Red Panda of Asia
I need to explain 8 of the following things about the red panda of Asia.
1. Describe and discuss the animal's habitat.
2. Discuss how the animal adapted to obtain food/run away from predators/catch its pray.
3. Explain how the animal is able to defend itself. (How does the animal use its habitat to defend and protect itself and its family?) What special features or behaviors does the animal have to escape from its predator?)
4. Explain how the animal adapts to the elements of the environment of its ecosystem? (How does it keep warm or cold)
5. Does the animal have any natural enemies?
6. Discuss how the animal takes care of its young? (Does the mate take any responsibility in feeding and taking care of its young?) (how does it predict its young)
7. How is the animal classified from kingdom to species?
8.Discuss how the animal and man "get along."
9. Explain the effects of pollution in the environment.
10.Discuss special "senses or "abilities" that this animal has that sets it apart from the others.
If it would be possible to put this information in a story using the 1st person, I would appreciate it. The story is supposed to be put in the 1st person, with the writer being the animal itself.View Full Posting Details