I need help addressing the following 3 parts of my assignment:
In the second part, I must use one of the resources below and assess the learning style of a student or individual I am interested in learning more about. I must analyze the data to determine the primary learning style or multiple intelligence strength of the individual. I need to make sure to identify the resource used, a brief description of the individual assessed and the process of collecting and analyzing the data.
- Learning Styles Online: http://learning-styles-online.com/
- Learning Style Inventory: http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/LSI/LSI.htm
- What are my Learning Strengths?: http://www.ldrc.ca/projects/miinventory/mitest.html
In part 3, I must discuss the results of the inventory and possible ways to address the individual's needs in a classroom. I need to provide several ideas for differentiating instruction and teaching to this individual's strengths.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 7:47 am ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file.
I must use at least two resources to explain the importance and value of collecting student data on student readiness, student interest, student learning profiles, and student affect.
The importance of student readiness, interest, learning profiles, and student affect are pertinent for the development of individual lesson plans catering to students' strengths. Two key issues that are paramount for student readiness include the retention of relevant knowledge given in class and skillset as well as the students' disposition or interest to retrieve and apply the knowledge and skills in their learning. The success of students lies within their ability to retain and apply knowledge derived from the lesson plans as well as their ability to apply the knowledge and skills effectively in their assessments and homework (Payne et al. 2008).
Interest by students in a particular subject matter can be measured by various characteristics identified as important to learning that induces their disposition positively to facilitate their inner desire for achievement, increases their confidence, steers control of their studies, and positively affects their perception of the particular benefits associated with the subject they are learning. Self-efficacy is high on the list of determining student's interest because it is key for knowledge retention and the transfer of learning. Self-efficacy is the key to the student believing in their own capabilities to accomplish the tasks at hand (Payne et al. 2008).
To determine the readiness of a student YOU can use the Self-Directed Learning Readiness Scale (SDLRS)to measure a student's interest in learning in general. This scale measures the students' love of learning, their self-efficacy, creativity, view of ...
The following posting discusses the importance of collecting student data.
Data Collection and Sample Population
3 pages to include references
1. Select a quantitative research questions and use it to guide your discussion of sample populations and data collection.
What are the most important aspect that influence the career choices of American college students?
Variable: Factors influencing career choices
Group: American college students
2. Identify the quantitative methodology that is appropriate to use to conduct a study to answer the research question.
3. Describe your sample population (be sure to include the following information as part of your discussion):
- What is your population of interest?
- To whom would you like the results to be generalized?
- What is an appropriate size of your sample?
- Describe a sampling technique that is appropriately aligned to your study's research methodology
4. Describe the data collection strategy (ies) you would use to collect data related to the research question.
Please include a description of the surveys instruments, questionnaires, structured interviews, and/or existing records or other documents that will be used. Be very specific.View Full Posting Details