What effect, if any, has the move toward increased accountability had on schools, hospitals, and businesses? Provide examples to illustrate your view.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:56 am ad1c9bdddf
In general, the move toward increased accountability has been perceived as having positive effects in terms of instruction, curriculum and evaluation or assessment practices. However, schools and districts have reported that it has somewhat contributed to a lowering of teacher morale. Few principals have stated that the state accountability thrust has given a huge positive impact on the whole school because the concentration is now on the student outcomes which in turn, shifts focus to instruction which in the past hasn't been addressed very well. Other school supervisors and principals have made statements that the positive expectation of being held accountable or the effect of "we know we can do better," has greatly contributed to the positive response to the ...
This solution explains accountability - its effects on schools, hospitals and businesses/health providers, with examples/situations that illustrate them.
Subject: HIPAA PAPER
Details: Research and identify the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
1. Who does this Act apply to?
2. What does this Act require?
3. Identify an e-business that is affected by this Act.
4. How should an e-business that is affected by this Act apply the requirements of the Act to its business to mitigate risk?
5. Assess the impact of ethics on this issue. Keep in mind the following quotation: ?The law often permits what honor forbids? (Bernard Joseph Saurin). Just because an e-business practice may be legal, is it necessarily ethical?