How has technology impacted the globalization process? Is this positive or negative in the short run? What about in the long run?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:29 pm ad1c9bdddf
Technology has had a very dramatic effect on the globalization process. In the short run, it has been very positive, and will be expectedly so in the long run. Internet and mobile technology has been a boon in the globalization process, and the advent of cheap and ever more comfortable airlines has made it easier and ...
Technology in relation to the globalization process is correlated.
Labor Relations Help
1. Detail the process normally utilized in the selection of an arbitrator. How does the selected arbitrator interpret ambiguous contract provisions?
2. Differentiate the five principles that govern the arbitration of grievances under collective bargaining.
3. Which do you believe to be a superior resolution process, arbitration or court action? Why? Explain your answer.
4. Detail and discuss the issues an arbitrator might use in deciding a discharge case involving drug abuse.
5. Do you believe globalization has had a positive or negative influence on collective bargaining? Why or why not?
6. Using one of the countries described in this chapter, describe how its government attempted to suppress, then tolerate, and then support unions and why.
7. Describe the challenges globalization presents to trade unions and how trade unions should respond to these challenges.
8. Globalization in the 21st century has increased competition between nations for investment, technology, and labor. Do you believe this to be a positive or negative trend. Defend your answer.