1. What is Red's call in the film? How do we know when it occurs and what his response is to it?
2) What are the three main trials he encounters and endures? How do we know these are the main three?
3) When is Red's saving experience and what is it that saves him?
4) What evidence do we see of Red's transformation?
5) What gifts does Red share to others?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 4:57 am ad1c9bdddf
It is great to work with you! Please rate 5/5 for my notes.
1. What is Red's call in the film? How do we know when it occurs and what his response is to it? His literal call socially seems to be the "get it guy" as he obtains things for other inmates as in Andy's request for the rock hammer. Because Red can obtain items for inmates, he is quite useful logistically. His response seems to be one of concern initially since he does not know how the items will be used. However, socially, spiritually and emotionally, his call seems to be connector as he becomes inspired by the others, mainly Andy, and finds a sense of usefulness on the inside, giving Red a true function, sense of hope, and purpose in ...
Red's Character in Shawshank Redemption is briefly assessed using film evidence.