1. Explain in at least two different ways to secure a WLAN. What are the ramifications if a WLAN is breached?
2. Discuss four different types of wireless technologies.
- Describe the characteristics and properties of each signal type, and how each can be used.
- Include a table or matrix that compares properties of the four signal types.
- Provide a hypothetical situation for each signal type that illustrates how it could be, or is being, used in a WAN. In what circumstance, for example, would a company choose to use a satellite signal?
This solution compares broadcast radio, infrared transmission, microwave communication and satellite communication in terms of frequency range, transmission coverage, mode of transmission and applications. This solution also discusses securing a WLAN. This solution is 960 words.