Define each of the following terms in your own words:
? Boot sector
? Trojan horse
? Email worms
? Instant messaging worms
? IRC worms
? File-sharing networks worms
? Internet worms
Explain how each virus or worm functions and spreads.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 20, 2018, 3:33 am ad1c9bdddf
- A boot sector is a sector in a storage device, usually a hard disk for computers, that contains the boot information and sequence to start a program, which is usually the operating system of the computer.
- A file is a software entity that contains the data or information and stored on a storage device. A file has many types, and each type is interpreted by specific types of programs.
- A multipartite virus is a type virus that infects the computer and spreads itself in many different ways.
- A macro is a set of rules that controls the sequence of the execution of instructions. An example of a macro is the Microsoft Excel macro, which controls the sequence of execution of each instructions on the script when run by the user.
- A Trojan Horse is a type of threat that will provide unauthorized access to the computer system when it penetrates through the system's security. This allows hackers to infiltrate the system ...
This posting contains answers to the given questions.