1. What might cause the loss of one control file? What might cause the loss of all control files?
2. Compare and contrast multiplexing of control files and redo log files.
3. Why should a business have its database in ARCHIVELOG mode?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com August 17, 2018, 10:45 am ad1c9bdddf
1. A single disk failure may cause the loss of one control file stored on that disk. If you store all the control files on one disk, then the failure of this disk can cause the loss of all of the control files.
2. A. To multiplex control files:
1). shutdown the db.
2). copy existing controlfile to another location and ...