Please explain how to do the following:
1. Create a directory called class.
2. Move into that directory directory.
3. Create a text file, that contains what is your absolute path, relative path and call it paths.txt
4.Create a sub directory called your name under the class directory.
5. Create a file called my.dat with your favorite quote.
6. Rename the file to my.txt
7. Delete the file.
8. Delete the directory
9. Show the current directory using the pwd command.
10. List the date and time.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 9:24 pm ad1c9bdddf
For each of the ten items listed in the problem I will explain the command that is used to accomplish the task and then show the command as it would be typed from the command line. The prompt for each command will be >.
To create a directory in UNIX you use the "mkdir" command.
> mkdir class
To move into a directory ...
In this solution I demonstrate how to use several unix commands to create directories, change directories, and remove directories. I also show a simple way to create a file and view the current path information.
Demonstration and explanation of unix "cut" command
If I have a database record in the following format
Notice each entry is separated by a :
I need to be able to use the cut command to grab each field and using command substitution be able to assign them to their own variables.
If I have the following record:
How would I assign George to a name variable?
How would I assign 2345 to an address variable and so on?