1. You have just been asked to take over an existing project and asked to make a few changes for new features. The person that worked on this software before you is not available. What documentation (either in the code or external) or other information would you like to see to help you more quickly understand the code you have - assume it's 100 source code and header files.
2. The existing software has a number of bugs filed against it. How will you go about debugging the existing software to find the causes of these problems and testing your fixes to see if they really fix the problems?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:08 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Generally, all the project development activities and code development by the developer are captured in technical documentation in detail. The newcomer has to quickly refer to that piece of document to understand the status of the change request from the customer, and also has to try to thoroughly understand the BRD ...
This job highlights project development activities and code development. The expert determines how you will go about debugging the existing software to find the causes of these problems and testing your fixes to see if they really fix the problems.
Need help addressing memo showing methods for activity sequencing, activity duration estimation, schedule development and schedule control
Details: Ethics and Vendors
The CRM implementation of the project has been underway for three months. Ben has been reviewing the invoices from the IT vendor that is providing design and programming services for the CRM implementation. Ben is working with this vendor on a number of different projects, and there are a handful of people that work on multiple projects for him, including the CRM implementation. He just told you that there are some problems with the invoices, and he's not sure what to do about them:
1. George is working on the CRM implementation and two other smaller projects. His hours look o.k. when Ben first looks at them. However, when Ben adds up George's hours for the past month across all three projects, they total more than 65 hours per week. Ben knows that George is barely on-site more than four hours per day and doesn't feel that George is producing anything close to 65 hours of work.
2. Two hours per day were billed for Louise for a week when she was on vacation. As far as Ben knows, Louise was not invited to any project conference calls, nor were any critical project emails sent to her during that time.
3. The rate for Betsy increased by 15% half-way through the second invoice. No explanation was given.
4. Nothing was billed for Ron his entire first month on the project.
Provide a memo that you will send to the vendor contact. Be sure to raise your concerns and identify the next steps you want the vendor to take. Accompanying your memo, provide some guidance to Ben on what to do next. Then, respond to one other post as the vendor, addressing the project manager's concerns.
Describe methods for activity defining, activity sequencing, activity duration estimating, schedule development, and schedule control.
Develop and apply Gantt Charts, CPM and PERT techniques to project management