Open the Excel file called "Book Store.xls".
Follow the steps below. If you make an error, use the UNDO button to undo the error.
1. Widen column A to a width of 12. (Hint: select the column, click format, click column)
2. Widen column B and C to a width of 10.
3. Make columns D through J a width of 9.
4. Format the dates in column C as mm/dd/yy (Hint: Format, Cells, Number).
5. Wrap the text in cells C4 through K4 (Hint: Format, Cells, Alignment)
6. In cell J5, enter the function to sum all the items sold by Jackie. Copy the contents of this cell to the other rows (through row 14).
7. In cell E16, enter the function to sum all the "Mystery" books sold. Copy this function through column J.
8. In cell E17, enter the function to calculate the average of "Mystery" books sold. Copy through column J.
9. In cell E18, enter the function to calculate the least number of "Mystery" books sold. Copy through column J. (HINT: Use the MIN function)
10. In cell E19, enter the function to calculate the largest number of "Mystery" books sold. Copy through column J. (HINT: Use the MAX function)
11. Bold the text in A1 and A2 and make it 12 point Comic Sans MS.
12. Center the text in A1 and A2 between columns A and K. (Hint: use the Merge and Center button, do one line at a time)
13. Center all the words in A4 through K4, and make them italic. Shade these cells with a light gray color (Hint: Format, Cells, Patterns)
14. Format the averages in row 17 so they have no decimal places. (Hint: Format, Cells, Number)
15. Insert a row above Kristin. Type your own first and last name (even if you're not an "employee"). Type 9/1/02 (48 months) for the date you joined the troop and use the following: Beginning with "Mystery": 43,34,19,26,10. Copy the necessary formulas and functions from the row above.
16. Determine what Bonus each salesperson should receive. Enter this information in cells K5 thru K14. Format cells K5 thru K14 to Currency and use the $ sign. (Hint: Format, Cells, Number)
17. Put a thick bottom border under cells A14 through K14
18. Shade cells J17 thru J20 with a light gray color
19. Widen column K to "autofit selection".
20. Save your file.
21. Create a chart comparing Items Sold for each type of item. Put this chart in the same sheet as the data.
a. Use and Exploded 3-D Pie Chart
b. Use Rows
c. Include the title: Item Totals
d. Move and size the chart so it is approximately between A21 and E39.
22. Use Page Setup to do the following (hint: click outside the chart first):
a. Change the top margins to .75 inch (3/4 inch) and the bottom margin to .5 inch (1/2 inch)
b. set the orientation to Landscape
c. Click the "Fit to 1 page" option
24. Change the following: Mystery to 63 for Jackie, Romance to 32 for Jason, Technology to 7 for Kristin
25. Print Preview your sheet. Make sure it fits on one page.
The expert examines working with excel for a statistical problem.