1. Using only 26 capital letters of the alphabet, how many 8-letters password are possible?
2. Repeat step 1 but do not allow the same letter to be used more than once in the password?
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 using an encryption alphabet that contains 26 uppercase letters, 26 lowercase letters, and digit 0 through 9.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:32 am ad1c9bdddf
Hi, this is in fact a statistical problem.
1. Since we have 26 letters, if we create a 8-letter password, the first letter of password has 26 choices, the second letter of password has 26 choices, the eighth letter of password has 26 choices. So there are 26^8 possible ...
The solution gives detailed steps on counting number of passwords using the technique of combination and permutation under several conditions.
Usefulness of given UNIX commands to forensic investigators
1. Explain in layman terms the following UNIX commands. For each command, point out its usefulness to forensic investigators.
2. What does the term "pipe" mean in UNIX? Give 3 examples to illustrate your answer.View Full Posting Details