Benefits of client/server computing include:
? Clients (end users) can perform some or most of the processing of their business applications.
? LAN servers can share application processing, manage work group collaboration, and control common hardware, software, and databases.
? Data can be completely processed locally, where most input and output must be handled.
? Provides access to the workstations and servers in other networks.
? Computer processing is more tailored to the needs of the end users.
? Increases information processing efficiency and effectiveness, as users are more responsible for their own application systems.
? Allows large central-site computers to handle the jobs they do best - such as high-volume transaction processing, communications network security and control, and maintenance and control of large corporate databases.
? Clients at local sites can access the corporate ...
541 words explain the advantages and disadvantages of network computing and peer-to-peer networks in a business setting.
Comprehensive Sample of Computer Science Questions
(1) What are some of the important questions that managers need to consider when evaluating the value of data to an organization?
(2) Explain client/server systems and provide an example to support your answer.
(3) Describe "user acceptance testing."
(4)Describe the difference between a formal and an informal system.
(5) An effective project manager needs a variety of both technical and business skill sets. Identify the nontechnical skills that have been associated with superior project management.
(6) Describe the main reasons that companies implement intranets and one major obstacle to obtaining these benefits.
(7) What is the purpose and role of an IS steering committee, or advisory board?
(8) Describe the PATRIOT Act and discuss implications regarding individual rights.View Full Posting Details