Give the name and formula for the following:
1. Synthetic abrasive composed entirely of group 14 elements: (From Group 14)
2. Compound used in solution in the photographic process: (From Group 16)
3. Compound used in etching glass: (Group 17)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 6:03 pm ad1c9bdddf
Hello and thank you for using BrainMass!
1. Group 14 The Carbon Group:
A very strong abrasive compound is Silicon Carbide - ...
The answers are given with explanation and references. The periodic formulae is analyzed.
Time Value of Money - Future and Present Values
5. (Computation of Future Values and Present Values) Using the appropriate interest table, answer each of the following questions. (Each case is independent of the others.)
a. What is the future value of $7,000 at the end of 5 periods at 8% compounded interest?
b. What is the present value of $7,000 due 8 periods hence, discounted at 11%?
c. What is the future value of 15 periodic payments of $7,000 each made at the end of each period and compounded at 10%?
d. What is the present value of $7,000 to be received at the end of each of 20 periods, discounted at 5% compound interest?