Calculate the drift velocity of electrons in a copper wire given the current flowing in it, its diameter and density.
A copper wire 2.5 millimeters in diameter is carrying a current of 10 amperes. Assume one free electron per copper atom and find the magnitude of the drift velocity. [Copper has a density of 8.92 grams/(cent
1. A collection of atoms, molecules, or ions that contains Avogadro'snumber of these items is called what?
2. The initial substances that undergo change in chemical reaction are called what?
3. The law that states that atoms are neither created nor destroyed in a chemical reaction, but may be rearranged, is called what?
Hydrogen gas is contained in a one-liter vessel at "STP"(0 degrees Celsius and 1 Std. Atm.). Flourine gas is contained in a second one-liter vessel at the same conditions of temperature and pressure. Then the two gases are forced into the same one-liter vessel, find:
1) The pressure in this vessel before reaction occurs (ba
Please see the attached file for the complete problems.
"Activity - Stoichiometry Exercises"
1. 1a. How many atoms are in 12 molecules of glucose.
1a. How many atoms are in 12 molecules of glucose, C6H12O6 ?
Use exact value for this answer.
2. 1b. How many moles of fluorine gas (F2 molecule)?
1. Take a gas piston from the Glassware shelf and place it on the workbench. The gas piston is like a syringe, except that the piston/plunger is free to move up and down in order to equalize the pressure of its contents with the outside room pressure.
2. Take a balance from the Tools shelf and drop it on the gas piston. Recor
See attached file.
1. An electron is released a short distance above Earth's surface. A second electron directly below it exerts an electrostatic force on the first electron just great enough to cancel the gravitational force on it. How far below the first electron is the second?
2. Three charges are arranged as shown in