See the attachment.
15. RNH2 + H2O = RNH3+ + OH-
T=0 1 mol 0 0
T=t (1-y) mol y mol y mol
Conc. c(1-y) ...
The solution calculates pH, pOH and pKw for the hydrolysis of salts of a weak acid, and strong alkali.
Acid Base Equilibrium Questions
1) A 0.223 molar solution of the weak acid, HA, with a pKa of 3.954 is titrated with a 0.142 molar solution of NaOH. What is the pH of the solution at the equivalence point of this titration?
2) 0.1405 mol of potassium cyanide (KCN) is used to prepare 609.1 mL of an aqueous solution. Take the pKa of hydrogen cyanide as 9.38. What's the pH of the solution?
3) A 0.297 molar solution of the weak acid, HA, with a pKa of 5.441 is titrated with a 0.327 molar solution of NaOH. What is the pH of the solution at the equivalence point of this titration?
4) The value of Kw for water at a temperature of 10oC is 8.5 x 10-15. The pH of completely pure (distilled) water at this temperature is:
5) What's the equilibrium constant, Kc, for the reaction...
2H2O+H30^+ + OH^- at 25 C?
6) What's the [H3O^+(aq)] in 1 x 10-10 M HCL at 25 C?View Full Posting Details