What are the starting structures that form this compound?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:28 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution compares condensation reactions. The starting structures that form the compound are determined.
Organic Compounds, Synthesis of 2-hexanone, Grignard reagent, Aldol condensation reaction ...
Please see the attached file for the full problems.
1. Name each of the following compounds.
2. Write a structural formula for each of the following compounds.
a. benzyl methyl ketone
3. Write an equation for the synthesis of 2-hexanone by
a. oxidation of an alcohol
b. hydration of an alkyne
4. Write an equation for the reaction of propanal with each of the following reagents, and name the organic product.
a. cyanide ion
b. sodium borohydride
c. phenylmagnesium bromide, then H3O+
5. Using a Grignard reagent and the appropriate aldehyde or ketone, show how each of the following can be prepared.
6. Complete the equation for the reaction of
7. Give the structure of each product.
8. Write out the steps for the aldol condensation reaction between the enolate anion of propanal with pentanal.
9. Using Figure 16.1 on page 462 of your textbook, draw the Fisher projection formulas for the following:
10. Using Figure 16.1 on page 462 of your textbook, draw the Fisher projection formulas for the following and then convert them to three-dimensional representations.