What is Delta E for the formation of 8 mole of CO at 1 atm and 25°C?
C(graphite) + 1/2 O2(g)--> CO(g) ΔH = -110.5 kJ/mol
I am confused I tried -1552 and -112... I think i am close but seem to be off somewhere.
The given reaction is
8C(graphite) + 4O2 ---> 8 CO(g)
For this reaction ...
Solution includes stepwise explanation to calculate delta E formation for the given reaction.
Gases, Temperature, Current and Reactions
1) Calculate w and Delta E for the expansion of 20.0g of nitrogen gas from a volume of 30.0 L to a volume of 40.0 L at a constant 300.0K.
2) The density of ice at its normal freezing temperature is 0.917g/mL while that of liquid water at the same temperature is 0.9998 g/mL . If Delta H(fusion) of ice is 6.009 kJ/mol, what is Delta E(fusion).
3) The heat of fusion of potassium bromide is 20.9 kJ/mol. If the entropy of fusion of this compound is 20.5 J/K-mol, what is the melting point of this compound?
4) Calculate the Gibbs Free Energy of the combustion of acetylene to form carbon monoxide and liquid water at 25 degrees Celsius.
5) Calculate the value of the equilibrium constant at 25 degrees Celsius for the reaction.
2SO2(g) + O2 <==> 2 SO3
6) Write the diagram of a cell which utilizes the following reaction.
2Fe^2+(aq) + Cl2 (g) => 2 Fe^3+(aq) + 2Cl^1-
7) A voltage of 1.09 V at 25 degrees Celsius was obtained from the cell
Sn(s) | Sn^2+ (aq) || Ag^1+ (aq, 0.05 M) | Ag (s)
What was the molar concentration of Sn^2+ in the cell?
8) Calculate the standard molar free energy of formation of liquid water at 25 degrees Celsius. Use the standard reduction potentials for this calculation.
9) A solution of nickel sulfate was electrolyzed for 1.50 hours between inert electrodes. If 35.0 grams of nickel was plated out, what was the average current.
10) Some fragments of bone from an excavation in Egypt were found to have a ^14C radioactivity of 0.629 times that in the bones of living animals. How old are the fragments?View Full Posting Details