1. The threshold/NOEL level found for a particular chemical from animal studies is 0.004 mg/kg body weight per day. The only source for the chemical is freshwater fish, where it occurs at an average level of 0.2 ppm. What is the maximum average daily consumption(g) of such fish that would keep exposure level below the ADI or RfD for the compound?
2. What is the redox potential of an acid mine water sample having Fe3+ = 8
x E-03 M and Fe2+ = 5 x E-04 M given that E0 for the Fe3+/Fe2+ couple is 0.77v.
3. The daytime concentration of OH in continental air averages 8.3E6 molecules per cubic centimeter. Calculate its molar concentration.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 11:19 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. The threshold/NOEL level found for a particular chemical from animal studies is 0.004 mg/kg body weight per day. The only source for the chemical is freshwater ...
This solution explains:
1) How to calculate the maximum daily consumption of fish contaminated with a specific chemical that would allow a person to stay below the threshold level.
2) How to calculate the redox potential of an acid mine.
3) How to calculate the molar concentration of OH in the air.