1. Explain why it is not necessary to know the exact concentration of bromothymol blue in the solution.
2. The pKa value can also be determined from Figure 4 - explain.
3. The acid dissociation constant for bromothymol blue is dependent on ionic strength of solution.
Determine the ionic strength of bromothymol blue by interpolating the values given below.
Please see the attached file for the fully formatted problems.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 9:28 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution explains:
1) How to find pKa of a weak acid using a titration curve.
2) How to find the ionic strength of bromothymol blue using a dissociation constant.