We are doing a paper on Mexico and importing goods from the US. This week I need to get the following information about the country and some guidance on preparing to do business in another country. Mexico was our choice.
The following Regional Analysis need to be performed and I have no idea how to go about this in terms of business research.
Region Analysis Paper:
1) Regional alliances
2) Physical environment
6) Social, health, and environmental
Please see response attached for active hyperlinks and links (also presented below) as well as three supporting articles. I also attached a sample paper to consider for format and organization for your final copy. I hope this helps and take care.
1. We are doing a paper on Mexico and importing goods from the US. This week I need to get the following information about the country and some guidance on preparing to do business in another country. Mexico was our choice. The following Regional Analysis need to be performed and I have no idea how to go about this in terms of business research.
The World Factbook is a great place to begin a paper like this one. For other information, the Internet usually has sufficient information by searching the main words, such as "Mexico and terrorism." Let's take a look at the information that I located to get your started on this assignment. You asked for a comprehensive outline, so let's take a closer look.
1) Regional Alliances
· Two major trade alliances are NAFTA and MERCOSUR (see http://www.sice.oas.org/TPD/MER_MEX/MER_MEX54_e.ASP).
· The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) has spearheaded economic regionalization in the Americas. In fact, between 1995 and 1998 Mexican apparel exports to the United States increased 119 percent, surpassing those of Hong Kong, China, South Korea and the combined Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3638/is_3_41/ai_59481777
· In January 1994, Canada, the United States and Mexico launched the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and formed the world's largest free trade area. The Alliance has brought economic growth and rising standards of living for people in all three countries. In addition, NAFTA has established a strong foundation for future growth and has set a valuable example of the benefits of trade liberalization http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/nafta-alena/menu-en.asp.
· NAFTA- also see http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/nafta/nafta0401-04.htm and http://www.cbp.gov/nafta/certorgn.htm
· See an excellent article at http://infoexport.gc.ca/ie-en/DisplayDocument.jsp?did=5421. Although it is about Canadian countries entering ...
In reference to the scenario, this solution provides a comprehensive environmental analysis outline on Mexico including the listed dimensions. Supplementary resources on Mexico alliances, regional integration and others are also provided.
Complete the comprehensive problem that uses the financial statements of Intel for 2008 to illustrate financial ratio analysis.
Ratio Analysis -Comprehensive problem 2008 data.
A) Compute the following profitability measures for the year ended December 27,2008:
1. Return on investment , based on net income (perform a DuPont analysis).
2. Return on equity, based on net income.
3. Price/earnings ratio. Use $14.18 as the year-end market price.
4. Dividend yield.
5. Dividend payout ratio.
B) Compute the following liquidity measures at December 27,2008:
1. Working Capital.
2. Current Ratio.
3. Acid-test Ratio.
C) Compute the following activity measures for the year ended December 27,2008:
1. Number of Days' sales in accounts receivable, based on a 365 - day year.
2 Number of days' sales in inventory, based on a 365 day year.
3. Accounts receivable turnover.
4. Inventory turnover.
5. Turnover of net property, plant and equipment.
D). Compute the following financial leverage measures at December 27,2008:
1. Debt Ratio
2. Debt/equity ratio.
E) Compute the following physical measures of Intel's profitability at December 27, 2008:
1. Net revenues per employee.
2. Operating income per employee.
Show work in excel. I have attached the 2008 Intel financial report to retrieve the dataView Full Posting Details