We are doing a paper on Mexico and importing goods from the US. This week I need to get the following information about the country and some guidance on preparing to do business in another country. Mexico was our choice.
The following Regional Analysis need to be performed and I have no idea how to go about this in terms of business research.
Region Analysis Paper:
1) Regional alliances
2) Physical environment
6) Social, health, and environmental
Please see response attached for active hyperlinks and links (also presented below) as well as three supporting articles. I also attached a sample paper to consider for format and organization for your final copy. I hope this helps and take care.
1. We are doing a paper on Mexico and importing goods from the US. This week I need to get the following information about the country and some guidance on preparing to do business in another country. Mexico was our choice. The following Regional Analysis need to be performed and I have no idea how to go about this in terms of business research.
The World Factbook is a great place to begin a paper like this one. For other information, the Internet usually has sufficient information by searching the main words, such as "Mexico and terrorism." Let's take a look at the information that I located to get your started on this assignment. You asked for a comprehensive outline, so let's take a closer look.
1) Regional Alliances
· Two major trade alliances are NAFTA and MERCOSUR (see http://www.sice.oas.org/TPD/MER_MEX/MER_MEX54_e.ASP).
· The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) has spearheaded economic regionalization in the Americas. In fact, between 1995 and 1998 Mexican apparel exports to the United States increased 119 percent, surpassing those of Hong Kong, China, South Korea and the combined Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3638/is_3_41/ai_59481777
· In January 1994, Canada, the United States and Mexico launched the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and formed the world's largest free trade area. The Alliance has brought economic growth and rising standards of living for people in all three countries. In addition, NAFTA has established a strong foundation for future growth and has set a valuable example of the benefits of trade liberalization http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/nafta-alena/menu-en.asp.
· NAFTA- also see http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/nafta/nafta0401-04.htm and http://www.cbp.gov/nafta/certorgn.htm
· See an excellent article at http://infoexport.gc.ca/ie-en/DisplayDocument.jsp?did=5421. Although it is about Canadian countries entering ...
In reference to the scenario, this solution provides a comprehensive environmental analysis outline on Mexico including the listed dimensions. Supplementary resources on Mexico alliances, regional integration and others are also provided.
Environmental Scanning for Women's Clothing Industry
The industry I chose is women's clothing. Complete an environmental scan and economic analysis on your selected industry (for which you will create a generic strategic plan), including the remote, industry, and operating environments. Your environmental scan should describe the situation completely and accurately. You should identify any major changes that you expect to affect your remote, industry, or operating environments in the next 5-10 years. This will include the following subcomponents:
a. Utilize a macroeconomic forecast of economic indicators that will affect your chosen industry in the future and should be considered part of strategic planning.
b. Analyze the non-economic factors in the remote environment:
1) Social and Cultural