Explain what kind of value chain a tiles manufacturer with more manual methods will have. What kind of primary and support activities will be there in its value chain which is adding value to the final product?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 8:01 am ad1c9bdddf
The value chain of tiles manufacturer will be as follows:
Value being added during:
i. Primary activities
1) Inbound logistics
- transportation of marble chips, cement and gravel sand to factory
- sorting of different grades of cements and marble chips
- storage of marble chips, cement and gravel sand
- stock taking and inventory control
- blending of cement and chips with water
- blending of cement and gravel sand
- blending of cement and ...
This solution provides an idea of the kind of activities that a traditional tiles manufacturer will have in its value chain. These primary and support activities help in developing the final product in the form of tiles used in houses.