Explore BrainMass

Explore BrainMass

    Adjusting entry for earned but unpaid rent.

    This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!

    Since the company is not large enough to occupy the entire building it owns, it rented space to a tenant at $3000 per month, starting on November 1, 2011. The rent was paid on time on November 1, and the amount received was credited to the Rent Earned account. However, the tenant has not paid the December rent. The company has worked out an agreement with the tenant, who has promised to pay both December and January rent in full on January 15.

    © BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 4:34 am ad1c9bdddf

    Solution Preview

    Entry needed at year end is an adjusting ...

    Solution Summary

    The adjusting entry needed to record earned amounts is given along with the rule.