Is leagility possible on all supply chains? Discuss possible situations where leagility has maximum benefit for the organization.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 12:22 am ad1c9bdddf
Is leagility possible on all supply chains?
The term 'leagility' comes from two words, 'lean' and 'agile'. It denotes integrating the lean and agile manufacturing paradigms in the total supply chain. It applies mostly to the operations of lean and agile supply chains. Supply chain managers need lean supply lines to eliminate waste and to keep the costs low. They also require agile supply chains so they get the right amount of the product to the right place in order to satisfy the ever-changing nature of the marketplace. Traditional management recommended a lean supply chain for products with a stable demand, yet low profit margin. Conversely, products with a high profit margin and volatile demand should have an agile supply chain (Van der Vorst). Modern managers may benefit from ...
The solution discusses the possibilityof leagility on all supply chains and possible solutions where leagility has maximum benefit for the organization. References for more information are also included.
Forecasting errors in Supply Chain including effects to other parts of a business
See the attachment: A telling fortune. Industrial Engineer.
This article discusses the forecast errors that can occur across a supply chain. This article also gives an example of how one company solved their forecasting problem by providing incentives to customers for early orders.
1. How would these forecasting errors affect other areas within the organization? Thoroughly address the following four points:
C. Customer service
2. Identify and discuss critical areas of the supply chain. (Where can small errors could result in problems that intensify down the chain?)
3. Describe two errors in critical areas of the supply chain.
4. Describe how the areas could gain momentum and affect the supply chain.
5. Describe how at least three other areas that could be severely affected by errors in supply chain management.
Please respond thoroughly to the above points.View Full Posting Details