5. Assume that the following events occurred at a division of Admiral Enterprises for the current year.
(1) Purchased $900,000 in direct materials.
(2) Incurred direct labor costs of $520,000.
(3) Determined that manufacturing overhead was $820,000.
(4) Transferred 75% of the materials purchased to Work-in-Process Inventory.
(5) Completed work on 60% of the work in process. Costs assigned equally across all work-in-process.
(6) The inventory accounts have no beginning balances. All costs incurred were debited to the appropriate account and credited to Accounts Payable.
Compute the following amounts in the Work-in-Process Inventory account:
(a) Transfers-in (TI).
(b) Transfers-out (TO).
(c) Ending balance (EB).
The solution is provided in excel format using cellular references. This means that you can use the same excel sheet and enter data and the excel would automatically calculate the solutions.