Please help me so I can complete the following assignment:
If you should look at SFAS No. 87 and SFAS No. 106. and examine the similarities and differences between pension accounting and other post retirement benefits accounting.
Annual Pension Costs
Accounting treatment of the components of pension costs are:
- Service cost
- Interest cost
- Actual return on plan assets
- Amortization of unrecognized prior service cost
- Amortization of the transition amount
Plus if you examine the composition and treatment of the minimum liability provision.
Could you submit a six-slide PowerPoint presentation to Include:
- Slides 1-2: Summary of SFAS No.87 and SFAS No. 106
- Slides 3-4: Points of examination of the similarities and differences between pension accounting and post retirement benefits
- Slide 5: Points of discussion on accounting treatment of the components of pension costs
- Slide 6: Points of examination of the composition and treatment of the minimum liability provision.
Could you cite four reference also.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 4:01 pm ad1c9bdddf
Thank you for selecting the OTAs at BrainMass to assist you. Attached (.ppt) is a working draft of your assignment and you should now have the tools to do great. Please be ...
This solution discusses pension accounting and post retirement benefits accounting.