Discuss each of the four functions of management (Planning, Organizing, Leading, and Controlling). What is the purpose of each of the four functions?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:10 am ad1c9bdddf
The four functions of management are the main functions utilized by managers. The four functions are Planning, Organizing, Leading and Controlling.
Planning is the main component of management. In the phase, the manager will recognize the company's goals and develop strategies that will achieve the goals. The manager will have to adapt and modify ...
This is an examination of the four functions of management, which are planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
Management: Team function, listening form of communication
Leadership (both group and team) are directly linked to the observation, diagnosis, internalization, and creation of strategies to address the forces that challenge and form the organization. Effective teams work with organizational issues and opportunities to achieve the desired future direction. Design and construct teams must function in a way that is consistent with the organization's mission, vision, values, context and strategy.
1. Do you think your team is functioning in a way that is consistent with your organization's mission, vision, values, context and strategy. Why or why not?
2. Do you consider that listening is part of communication? Why or why not? support your response with references.
3. Do Leaders communicate with teams differently if they view themselves as directors vs. facilitators? If so, what does this difference look like in the everyday workplace?
4. How do leaders apply communication dynamics to the execution of organizational strategy?
5. Elaborate on the following statement: "Leader's behavior and integrity impacts positively or negatively organizational strategies, vision and innovations." Support your response within references.
'Studies have shown that words account for 7% of the information communicated' (Team Coordination Training Student Guide, 1998). Therefore, in order to achieve effective communication the presenter must ask for feedback.
6. Based on the description above what skills can you share with us regarding achieving effective communication.View Full Posting Details