Provide a pervasive argument that is win-win for NECI that the Executive Team agrees that the CFO can hire a staff accountant immediately at $45,000 - $50,000 per year.
(See attached files for full problem description).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 6:31 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file.
Response starts from Page -4
New England Culinary Institute
Job Title: Staff Accountant FLSA Status: Non- exempt
Reports To and Supported By: CFO
Prepared By: Rich Goodwin Approved By:
Prepared Date: 12/01/2005 Approved Date:
SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant provides, daily, weekly, and monthly accounting assistance to the CFO and Corporate Controller. They are responsible for monthly asset and liability reconciliation, AP statement reconciliation, audit and preparation of monthly internal financial reports, F&B accounts receivable review and collection, maintains and audits integrity of accounting software, and ensures NECI operates in accordance with GAAP.
Additional responsibilities may include reconciliation of student accounts, deferral income, budgeting, additional F&B financial reporting and year-end audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform all journal entries related to Solution Properties.
2. Perform all end of month journals for Corporate, Administration, Admissions, and Occupancy Departments.
3. Prepare end of month reporting package, including integrity audit of income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
4. Reviews monthly financial performance with department heads.
5. Responsible for fixed asset journals.
6. Update accounts receivables practices, ensuring appropriate collection procedures are followed.
7. Annual Loss and Abandonment preparation and filing.
8. Preparation of 1099-M's, and assist with 1099 T's.
9. Maintain integrity of accounting software system, with regards to vendor information.
10. Create and distribute various daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
11. Assists Director of Student Accounts with Student Financial Aid Audit.
12. Monthly Rooms and Meals Tax review for compliance.
13. Preparation of all end of year schedules relating to audit.
14. Reconciles A&L accounts including cash, receivables, inventory and liability accounts.
15. Ensure compliance with internal policy and procedures for end of year audit.
COLLATERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Accounting Degree or 5 years equivalent work experience. Previous experience must evidence the candidate has: 1) the ability to handle multiple high priority tasks concurrently, 2) solve problems and deal with stressful time and situations in a professional manner, 3) strong organizational and people skills
2. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as software manuals and internal procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, lesson plans and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
3. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
4. RESONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram or schedule form.
5. COMPUTER SKILLS
Must be proficient in the use of Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be familiar with or have the ability to learn Microsoft Access, Foodtrak, Real World and Solomon Accounting software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and to stand or walk, the employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, and occasionally lit and /or move ...
This solution provides the example of pervasive argument that is win-win.