1. What production or service bottleneck operations exist at your workplace?
2. How are they managed and scheduled?
3. What are the causes of a moving bottleneck?
4. How do forward and backward loading apply to bottleneck scheduling?
5. How would you describe drum-buffer-rope? Could it be applied to operations at your organization? Why or why not?
I need 300 words.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 18, 2018, 9:22 pm ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/business/operational-effectiveness/bottleneck-operations-516649
1. The production bottleneck that exists at my workplace is the planing machine. At my workplace pipefitting is made. Whenever, a fitting requires planing the time taken is disproportionately high. There is only one planing machine and work piles on at the planing machine. The result is time delays.
2. This bottleneck is managed by the planing crew. They schedule planing of those items whose delivery is to be made the earliest. These decisions are often provided by the production manager. The production manager discusses deliveries with the marketing executives and schedules deliveries in consultation with them. The overall effect of the bottleneck is that work in progress increases to high levels. The single planing machine ...
This solution explains Bottleneck Operations. The sources used are also included in the solution.