Write a four to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Ascertain the importance of information management for the company or industry that you have chosen.
2. Analyze the fundamental impact of IT architecture or enterprise architecture on information management for your chosen company or industry. Determine if IT architecture impacts the effectiveness or efficiency of information management and vice versa.
3. Suggest at least two (2) data storage methods regarding database, data warehouse, and / or date mart for your chosen company or industry. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Determine the optimal data storage method between the methods that you suggested in Question 3. Provide a rationale for your response.
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
The response addresses the query posted in 1472 words with APA references
//Information management acts as a foundation for the organization. The management information system helps the company to secure its information in a solidified and accurate database so that the stakeholders of the company can use it anytime. It is a computerized database, which helps the company to improve the decision making of the organization and, thus, enhances the decision support system. In the following discussion, the importance of information management for the Dell Inc. is evaluated. //
The leading manufacturer of computer peripherals, software and personal computers, Dell Inc., sells its product to the customers mainly through the internet, for example, by way of mail order list. The products manufactured by the company are processed through planning and various manufacturing processes. It is necessary to analyze the information or data and use it in various areas of computers such as business, engineering, and science. The data analysis is used within the various tasks by the organization such as record keeping, accounting, payroll management, and sales analysis. Hence, the objective of management information system is to focus on the distributed information, collection, and organizational analysis. The information system is designed in such a manner that it helps to improve the decision support system of the company and, thus, it helps in the identification of the risk of the problem and enhancing the problem-solving decisions (Oz, 2008). Thus, it can be inferred that the information management is very significant for keeping the records and further helps in the processing of data within an organization.
The information management deals with the data processing techniques. There exist two kinds of data processing, namely transaction processing and database processing. Dell Inc. uses database processing for its business and engineering, wherein it collects the data or information that can be accessed by the authorized people in the organization. The database acts as a centralized database for the company in which all the data sources are collected and further accessed and computed. In order to access and update the databases, another type of processing, called transaction processing, is used.
In reference to the information management of Dell Inc., the most efficient tool that information processing uses include ...
The importance of information management for the company are determined. The response addresses the query posted in 1472 words with APA references.