1. Analyze at least two (2) current events involving the agency Social Security Administration that might have implications to personnel management.
2. Explain the rationale for selecting the Social Security Administration as a historical agency with at least two (2) justifiable reasons.
Please Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references about the Social Security administration that I can use (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites. (Include no more than one non-government Website).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:14 am ad1c9bdddf
I have outlined a response for you. I also included three references for you to look at. Review and add your own information based on your focus and knowledge.
The Social Security Administration recently made two announcements that directly affect people working for the agency. The first is the ability for those on SSA to receive copies of their SSA-1099's online through their Social Security accounts. The second is the expansion of hours in local offices.
The Social Security Administration handles millions of accounts for the elderly, disabled, spouses and children of these categories. The chances of 1099s going awry in the mail are slim, but do occur. Mail can be damaged by weather, animals, or vandalism before it reaches the hands of the SSA collector. Additionally, people can lose or misplace their 1099 between its arrival and the actual time it is needed for tax purposes. Previously, this meant the person had to call and have another sent or a trip to the local office to order or receive a copy. These requests take both time and personnel. The personnel's time is better spent aiding with the applications, changes, or research ...
This solution provides a review of two current events for the Social Security Administration and how it might affect personnel management.
Social Security Administration: Management
Provide 4-5 pages.
1. Analyze the organizational design of the Social Security Administration's human resource management in relationship to the entire organization. Assess its strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section Organizational Design)
2. Assess the Social Security Administration in terms of its global or international linkages, highlighting its application of theory to its approach to personnel management. (Title this section Global Linkages and Personnel Management)
3. Analyze at least three (3) of the major components of the Social Security Administration's human resource system's goals and practices regarding the recruitment and hiring of a qualified workforce. (Title this section Personnel Recruitment and Hiring Practices)
4. Evaluate the Social Security Administration's approach to training and programs provided for new and existing employees for the development of knowledge, skills, and overall competencies, highlighting the strengths and weaknesses. (Title this section Employee Skills Training)
5. Recommend at least two (2) actions the Social Security Administration could take to improve in the areas of recruiting and training a qualified workforce. (Title this section Recruiting and Training Recommendations)
6. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than five  years old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and governmental Websites (Include no more than one non-government Website)