Describe intranets and extranets in detail.
Discuss intranets and extranets impact on organizations and how it has changed the way employees receive training, communicate, conduct transactions, or access information in the workplace.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:19 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see response attached, which is also presented below. I also attached an informative article to consider. I hope this helps and take care.
1. Discuss intranets and extranets impact on organizations and how it has changed the way employees receive training, communicate, conduct transactions, or access information in the workplace.
The original definition of the Internet is the "network of networks"; and although the 'Net continues to change daily, that definition seems to becoming more and more relevant. It is important to remember that the web is made up of many new media forms and these new media forms include a variety of new kinds of networks. Today, the web is not only the Internet (which includes many new ways to communicate electronically), but also the many "threads" of the web that are extending themselves to include new kinds of networks as well. The most familiar of these for corporate users is Intranets, and there is also a less widely recognized "relative" network extensions known as an "Extranets". (1)
Let's get some defintions out of way first.
The term Intranet implies a boundary that is the result of the institution within which it exists. Intranets are networks that use the TCP protocol to publish internal websites and related content that is offered solely for viewing within an institution such as a corporation or university. Conversely, Extranets combine the reach and near universal accessibility of the Internet with the more focused functionality of an Intranet. Extranets make the kinds of exclusive content that would ...
Describes intranets and extranets in detail, and also provides a supplementary article that expands on the discussion. It also discusses how intranets and extranets impact on the organization and how it has changed the way employees receive training, communicate, conduct transactions, or access information in the workplace.
Study Questions 4,5,6,7
4. Distinguish between the Internet, intranets, extranets. (Three paragraphs or less.)
5. What is e-Commerce? How can e-Commerce businesses be categorized? What are three major issues facing e-Commerce?
6. Over time computers have evolved from room-sized machines to hand-held devices. What has been the impact of this evolution?
7. Explain how database processing differs from file (sequential) processing.View Full Posting Details