List and briefly explain the five-component model of an information system. How can you use them?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:25 am ad1c9bdddf
Five Component model of IS
1. Hardware refers to the physical component of the information system. These could be desktops, laptops, notebooks, netbooks, Ipads, mobile communications devices equipped with WiFi and internet connectivity.
2. Software is a machine readable instruction that runs the hardware. Software are of two types, operating systems and application programs. Operating systems is a program that runs other programs. This is used to boot the computer that starts the operation processes. Application software is written to perform specific tasks like word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, among others. The difference between these ...
The solution identifies the five components of an information system such such hardware, software, data, procedures, and people. It suggests on how these components are utilized to come up with a fully functional systems.
Information Systems Management Discussion
Information system Management Kroenke, D. M. (2013). Using MIS (5th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
1. List and briefly explain the five-component model of an information system. How can you use them?
2. Why is MIS one of the most important courses for a business student?
3. Briefly describe your role as an employee of an organization in the IS field. Give examples of what you need to know about information systems and how it can help with your job performance.
4. Briefly explain the role of information systems in an organization.View Full Posting Details