Use of Excel to Perform Calculations
Spreadsheets are extremely useful for performing various types of number crunching. Spreadsheets are also good at graphically presenting data, such as bar charts and pie charts.
In this Application, you will enhance a simple spreadsheet that contains sales data for several salespersons. The spreadsheet tracks sales data for two different products, widgets and gadgets. Perform the following steps on this spreadsheet:
1. Click here to access the spreadsheet you will use for this Application. Save the spreadsheet on your computer.
2. Add data for two or more salespersons in the spreadsheet.
3. In column D, calculate the total sales for each salesperson.
1. Add the label "Total Sales" in row 1.
2. Use the SUM function to calculate the total sales of widgets and gadgets for each salesperson.
4. In row 12, calculate the total sales of widgets, gadgets, and total sales.
5. In row 13, calculate the salespersons' average sales for widgets, gadgets, and total sales.
1. Average widget sales in column B
2. Average gadget sales in column C
3. Average total sales in column D
6. Format the cells in row 13 to display exactly two digits after the decimal point.
7. In column E, calculate the performance of each salesperson.
1. Add the label "Performance" in row 1.
2. For each salesperson, subtract the average total sales from his or her total sales.
Hint: You calculated the average total sales in step 5c.
3. Format these cells to display exactly two digits after the decimal point.
8. Create a chart that clearly shows the sales of widgets, gadgets, and the total sales for every salesperson.
1. Select a type of chart that is appropriate for this assignment.
2. Be sure that it clearly shows the sales for each salesperson.
3. Insert the chart into the worksheet.
4. Position the chart so that the data and the chart both are visible.
9. Sort the sales data for all of the salespersons.
1. Sort by "Total Sales" in descendingâ?"largest to smallestâ?"order.
2. Note what happens to the chart.
Below is the Attached file that will be needed for this Application
The expert uses Excel to perform calculations. Spreadsheets for applications are given.